Volunteers from the Unorganized Militia of Bedford County, defined in Virginia Code §44-1 as “all able-bodied residents of the Commonwealth…, who are at least 16 years of age and…not more than 55 years of age,” have been called to muster at Falling Creek Park in Bedford, VA on February 15, 2020 at Noon.
The purpose of the muster is to preserve tranquility, peace, and civil order by beginning to organize volunteers in the event that the full organization of the militia is required to defend the rights and liberties of the citizens of Bedford County.
Those attending the muster must adhere to the following instructions:
- Volunteers will be required to provide their name and contact information for future musters if they are necessary. The roster of volunteers will not be provided to any state or federal agency or publicly listed in any way.
- Volunteers must be able to lawfully possess a firearm under current law.
- The muster will include an inspection of arms. Volunteers should bring an unloaded semi-automatic rifle, in good working order, preferably a variant of the AR-15 platform. If volunteers do not possess an AR-15 they may bring any firearm of their choice that is in good working order, but rifles are preferred as they are best suited for militia service.
- Open and legal concealed carry of pistols is encouraged.
- Volunteers less than 18 years of age must attend with a legal guardian or written permission from a legal guardian.
- Volunteers who do not possess a firearm or who are over the age of 55 are encouraged to attend if they are willing to serve in a support capacity for the county militia.
- Anyone attending the muster as a volunteer or in a support capacity will not wear any clothing containing political messages; shall carry no signs; and shall only carry, wear or display the flag of the United States, the flag of the Commonwealth of Virginia, or the flag of Bedford County.
- Volunteers from neighboring counties or other communities within the Commonwealth of Virginia may present themselves as volunteers and provide contact information, but must identify their status as non-residents of Bedford County.
Registration will begin at Noon regardless of weather. At 12:30 there will be an address from the organizers of the muster. This muster will be a historic event and will demonstrate the will and resolve of the people of Bedford County and the Commonwealth of Virginia to defend their rights, resist tyranny, and secure for themselves and their posterity those liberties that have been purchased with the blood and treasure of generations of Virginians.
See you at the muster! Sic Semper Tyrannis!
For more information email Concerned Citizens of Bedford at firstname.lastname@example.org
To download and print the muster call for distribution click here
Find this event on FACEBOOK